- Attend a local German
- High school
- German Host family immersion
- Historical Cologne walking tour
- Cologne old town district
- Cologne Cathedral (DOM)
- Hop on hop off Bus in Cologne
- Historical old town
- Rhine cruise
- Free time for shopping
- Chocolate Museum tour
- Historical Castles
- Monumental state of William the Great
- Marks the confluence of the Rhine and Moselle rivers
- Historical walking tour of Berlin
- Learn about Berlin during the eras of the Prussians,
- Imperialists, Nazis and the
- Cold War visit Brandenburg Gate
- Reichstag, Holocaust memorial
- Topography of Terror walk along the Berlin
- Wall and down Outer den Linden
Australia – Germany
Cologne, a 2,000-year-old city spanning the Rhine River in western Germany, is the region’s cultural hub. A landmark of High Gothic architecture set amid reconstructed old town, the twin-spired Cologne Cathedral is also known for its gilded medieval reliquary and sweeping river views. The adjacent Museum Ludwig showcases 20th-century art, including many masterpieces by Picasso, and the Romano-Germanic Museum houses Roman antiquities.
Cologne Days 2-14
Arrive Frankfurt airport and you will transfer to beautiful Cologne and meet local coordinator to meet your new German host family for the next 13 days enjoying a full immersion into German life where you will be given a brief overview by local coordinator what life in German will be like and what to expect.
You will be living with a local German host family while in Cologne to improve your speaking skills. Delicious local Germany foods and delights having a coffee with friends and improve your speaking skills with teenagers your own age.
Cologne Day 3
Full day of sightseeing with our local German coordinator of beautiful town sharing the history, architecture and culture dating back to the 18th century. Hop on hop off city tour, cruise the Rhine river and visit the amazing Cologne Chocolate Museum,
Cologne Day 4 , 5
Weekend with your host family to enjoy the local immersion of family life and sights and live life as a local teenager in Cologne
Cologne Days 6,7,8,9
Attend local high school with full integration, improving your speaking skills while attending classes and make many lifelong friends
Koblenz is an ancient city in central Germany, and a gateway to the terraced vineyards and ruined castles of the Rhine Gorge. In the center, a monumental statue of William the Great marks the confluence of the Rhine and Moselle rivers. A cable car connects to the hilltop Ehrenbreitstein Fortress, which hosts museums and cultural events. South along the river is the neo-Gothic Stolzenfels Castle with its gardens.
Koblenz Day 10
Day trip to beautiful Koblenz is an ancient city in central Germany, and a gateway to the terraced
vineyards and ruined castles of the Rhine Gorge and purchase your lunch at a local German bakery
Cologne/Koblenz/Cologne by train and return by early evening
Cologne Days 11,12
Weekend with your host family and new friends and enjoy the local immersion of family, friends and Cologne life as a local a teenager.
Cologne Days 13,14
Attend local high school with full integration, improving your speaking skills while attending classes and make farewell to all your new friends at school.
Berlin, Germany’s capital, dates to the 13th century. Reminders of the city’s turbulent 20th-century history include its Holocaust memorial and the Berlin Wall’s graffitied remains. Divided during the Cold War, its 18th-century Brandenburg Gate has become a symbol of reunification. The city’s also known for its art scene and modern landmarks like the gold-colored, swoop-roofed Berliner Philharmonie, built in 1963.
Berlin Days 15- 18
Today you say farewell to your host family and travel by train to Berlin. Early departure to make the most of our time to see all the wonderful sights in Berlin
While in Berlin you will visit stay right Berlin and enjoy a walking tour of Berlin. Board the hop on hop off bus and learn more about the eras of the Prussian, Imperialist, Nazis and the Cold war. Visit the Brandenburg Gate. Reichstage, Holocaust memorial. Topography of Terror walk along the Berlin wall and own the outer den Linden.
Day 18 Berlin to Frankfurt via train to catch your flight from Frankfurt airport to Australia. Day 19 arrive home on Day 19
What will I gain from joining the German High School Cultural Exchange study tour ?
This will be one of the best adventures and study tours you of your life. You will have the experience of full immersion into the cultural, people, food and life.
You will improve your speaking skills when you speak with local students your own age while attending a traditional German High school. You will learn more about the culture and eat the most delicious traditional foods you will ever taste.
You will return back to school with a new insight, passion and excitement of the German language and this will help you excel in your class and your exams because you have lived the dream, spoken the German language and experienced the culture and food. This passion will go from your head to your heart.
What is included on the France study tour
- Chaperone *
- Flights Australia/Frankfurt Germany/Australia
- Travel Insurance
- Local Coordinator cologne
- German High school placement
- Cologne Accommodation Host family immersion x 13 nights B/L/D
- All family’s security screened and inspected
- Meals: breakfast, lunch, dinner daily with Host family
- Excursions with local German coordinator
- Sightseeing in Cologne and Koblenz
- Walking Tours with local coordinator
- Local SIM
- Train Frankfurt/Cologne
- Train Cologne/Koblenz/Cologne
- Train Cologne/Berlin/Frankfurt
- Berlin Accommodation: Youth Accommodation – 3 nights B/D daily
- Breakfast /Lunch /Dinner itemised as per above itinerary B/L/D
- Lunch own arrangements Berlin and Koblenz
- Transfer Frankfurt/Cologne. Berlin/Frankfurt
- Itinerary may change slightly without notice
What is Not Included
- Optional extra sightseeing
- Items of a personal nature
- Students can connect to Wi Fi in most hotels and free hot spots
- Lunches daily Berlin and Koblenz
- Snacks and extra food /drinks/water
- Students must have min of A$250-300 per week while away for incidentals
- Must have a Debit/ Credit Card for emergency for anything unforeseen, doctor, dentist, medical
- Visa not required on a visitor visit under 90 days.
- Discover a language and Discover the world.
- To improve my German speaking skills.
- Experience living with a great local German host family.
- Attend a local German high school.
- Make life long friends.
- Broaden my global social network.
- Live and speak the language with local teenagers.
- Improve my German class school results
- See famous Icons we always discuss in class.
- Live the dream and see the world.
Teacher’s Next Steps check list
- What language do you teach?
- French, Italian, German or Spanish
- Do you have a particular country you would like to visit
- Some languages are spoken in more then 1 country eg German and Spanish
Check with school proceedures
- Do I need to seek permission from my School Head
- What paperwork do I need to organise via my school
- How do I organise payment schedule for the group
- Can CEA help me with getting my group together ? Yes
- If I only have a few students interested they can join another study tour? Yes
- Can I book my own study tour with students from my school? – Yes
- Students can also book direct with CEA and we combine a few schools together
- CEA is here to help you keep the paperwork simple
Finances & Risk assessment
- CEA will assist with scheduled payment plan for students
- Students can book direct online with CEA
- Payment plan to fit in with family budget
- Assist you with risk assessment
- Cancellation and terms and conditions
Benefits for your school
- Global exchange outside the classroom offered to all students
- Extra curriculum offered for all students who study at school or any language school
- CEA is a study tour coordinator with School of languages
- Study Tours are offered to all students even if language is not studied at your school
- Available to all students studying privately with language teachers, language schools, Saturday school
- School can benefit with making this a fund raiser for the school
- Reinvest into school language department, computers and or equipment
- Teachers keen to plan a tour for your school
- How many students do I need?
- Ratio 10 students and 1 Teacher free
- CEA has Study tours individual students can join if you can not
- achieve the numbers. Opportunity for all students.
When would you like to organise your study tour
- During the school holidays
- During school term
Teachers keen to chaperone a Study tour with CEA
- CEA is interested to hear from teachers keen to chaperone a group
- CEA has groups of individual students and CEA is open to hearing from interested
- teachers keen to chaperone the group.
- teachers/adults must be registered and have a valid working with children security check
Who can go on a study tour
- This is open to any teacher keen to take a group of students abroad
- Do the students have to be studying a language or can they come along if they want? Yes all welcome
- This is also open for all student studying a language and want to have a full immersion
- This is open for any student 14 – 18 years studying a language in or outside of school
How long would you like to go for?
- How many days
- How many weeks
What is the main goal of your group
- To have a full immersion and live with local host families
- Attend a local high school with full immersion
- Would you like to have reciprocal exchange with another school abroad
- They host our students and we host their students
- Attend a local language school
- Would you like to visit more then one city
- Would you like to visit the famous icons while on the trip
- Would you like to take the group yourself
- Would you prefer CEA to arrange a chaperone for the group on my behalf
- Do you have a budget you need to work with?
- What would you like to have included in your study tour
- CEA is keen to hear to Private schools keen to have a reciprocal program
- together with any of our Chile, French, German, Italian and Spanish schools
I need help with planning and information sessions
- CEA can help you plan your Study tour and give you tips
- CEA can come to your school for the information sessions day or evening for your students and parents
- CEA is here to make it simple and get it happening and keep you on track
- We can come lunch time, after school or evenings
When do I have to start Planning all this
- We suggest at least 6 months before departure of the tour
- Can I link into the tours CEA already has? Yes you can do this any time
- CEA has trips departing April. Sept and Jan school holidays fitting in with school holidays
- Can I go at any other time ?
- YES CEA has connections with many high schools abroad
- including Austria, Chile, France, Italy, Germany and Spain
- Let CEA know when you wish to do a high school immersion to fit in with your school dates
I am ready, what will I do and what is my Next Step
CEA has been operating since 1998. We are boutique organisation offering professional experience and quality study tours.
We collaborate with directly with local high schools, teachers and partner organisations locally and abroad
to ensure that your students will attend excellent high schools experience a true immersion and live with quality host families.
Families are all security screened and all homes personally inspected by our coordinators.
CEA is here to ensure that your Study Tour is a yearly highlight of the school offered to your language students and a lifetime memory
Giving them chance to live the dream and visit the country of the language they love. Students who travel abroad to the country of the
language they study and experience a full cultural exchange and full immersion in family and school life will come back to school with a new
vision and appreciation and they excel in their language class and exams as this experience moves from their head to their heart
Our mission is to help strength understanding between many cultures on the path towards the common goal of world peace
Study Abroad with Campus Education
CONTACT us 02 9451 7071 or 0418 630 414 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tailor design your Study tour
Are you looking to take a group of your school students on a Study Tour Abroad on a true cultural experience?
We offer a personal, quality and professional advice and guidance.
Please complete the enquiry form below for CEA to assist you to accomplish your group goal for a Study Abroad Cultural Experience.
Contact CEA today on +61 2 9451 7071 or +61 418 630 414 — SKYPE ID Campus Education Australia-jenniferdeflorio — WECHAT Education Australia jenniferdeflorio — 0418630414 for advice and suggestions.
Program fees :
Program fee includes all above plus Tour Leader/Chaperone will travel with the group from Australia and return and local tour guides. Limited placements. Tour will run with minimum of 10 students and 1 tour leader/chaperone. Program fees
Deadline: REFER to Deadline dates above